I never know how to begin a blog. Do I tell you my life's story or just give you the essentials? I don't know the answer. But I like lists so I'm going to give you a quick list of ten things to know about me:
1. I am a stay at home mom with an 11-year-old step daughter Alice, a two-year-old son Luke, and a daughter Heather due in November.
2. I am also a full time online student working on my Master's in Business Administration, an independent consultant for The Gourmet Cupboard, and looking for data entry or transcribing work online so I can continue to stay home with my kids.
3. I love to travel, although I don't have the opportunity very much anymore. I have been to 5 of the 7 continents: North and South America, Australia, Europe, and Antarctica. One of my life goals is to complete the set and visit Africa and Asia.
4. I am a total Harry Potter nerd and have been obsessed with the series since I was 13 years old. I have been to conventions and midnight release parties and I love anything magical. One day I would love to take my kids to the theme park in Florida.
5. I also love penguins. I love all animals but penguins are my absolute favorite. Getting to see them up close in Antarctica was one of the best experiences of my life.
6. I am in recovery from alcoholism. I have been sober almost 4 years and life has never been better. I don't often talk about the worst of the days with the anxiety, ptsd, and depression so this might be the only place I ever mention it. Maybe.
7. I love to read. And dance. And crochet. And write. Some days I feel like I don't have time for myself anymore but I always try to find time in my week to do the things that I love.
8. I am not using my children's real names on this blog. I don't particularly care if this remains anonymous or not but I want to keep they're names out of it since their life is their story to tell one day.
9. I have two cats. They're pretty cool except that they don't like each other.
10. Ten is a lot of numbers and I've run out of things to tell you about myself right now.